Airports in Belize
International flights to Belize all land at the Philip Goldson International Airport located just outside of Belize City. With a main runway of 9,700 feet, Philip Goldson International Airport is served by United Airlines, TACA, Delta Airlines, American Airlines, U.S. Airways, Southwest Airlines, and Copa Airlines. The airport offers flights to and from Atlanta, Charlotte, Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles, Newark, New York City, and Miami in the United States, as well as Cancun, El Salvador, Honduras, and Panama City in Central America.
Inaugurated in 1990, the airport is named for Philip Stanley Wilberforce Goldson, who served as a leading politician and journalist in Belize. Overnight parking at the airport is $18 BZD per night. Locals leaving the country must pay a departure tax of $35 BZD while non-residents must pay a tax of $37.50 American dollars.
Domestic flights to and from a number of destinations in Belize are served by the local airlines Tropic Air and Maya Island Air.
- Philip Goldson International (BZE) – A modern airport with complete amenities, and the only international airport in the country
- Belize City (TZA) – The municipal airport in Belize City, with domestic flights provided by both Tropic Air and Maya Island Air
- Belmopan (BCV) – An airstrip with access to the country’s capital
- Caye Caulker (CUK) – An airstrip on the island of Caye Caulker, serviced by both Tropic Air and Maya Island Air
- Caye Chapel (CYC) – An airstrip on the island of Caye Chapel, serviced by both Tropic Air and Maya Island Air
- Corozal (CZH) – An airstrip serving Corozal District
- Dangriga (DGA) – Serving Stann Creek District, the airstrip is serviced by both Tropic Air and Maya Island Air
- Independence and Mango Creek (INB) – An airstrip serving the community of Independence and Mango Creek
- Maya Flats (MYF) – An airstrip serving San Ignacio Town in Cayo District, serviced by Tropic Air
- Orange Walk (ORZ) – An airstrip serving Orange Walk District
- Placencia (PLJ) – Located at the tip of the Placencia Peninsula, this airstrip is serviced by both Tropic Air and Maya Island Air
- Punta Gorda (ORZ) – An airstrip serving Toledo District
- Sarteneja (SJX) – An airstrip serving Northern Belize
Locally owned and operated, Roam Belize offers professional shuttle service to and from every mainland airport in the country, as well as transfer services, guided tours, and vacation packages. With a fleet of modern vehicles driven by professional drivers, Roam Belize is the ground transportation company of choice for visitors to the country.
For more information about traveling to Belize, do not hesitate to contact ROAM BELIZE.
“I’ve rented dozens of cars in my life, but I was truly impressed by the level of service and attention to detail that I received from Roam Belize. It probably took less than 10 minutes on the phone to make the arrangements, and then the car was waiting for me at the airport. The car was exactly what I ordered, and everything went just great. It’s hard for me to remember when I have had such a pleasant experience renting a car. Made the whole trip just perfect!”
-Darcie Alvarez, Los Angeles, California
“Once my wife chose Belize for our annual vacation, I did my research. I knew our plane would be landing in Belize City, but I wasn’t sure the best way to travel to our hotel and see the things that we wanted to see. Somehow, I found Roam Belize, and it truly was the right choice. Their airport shuttle driver was waiting on us the moment we got out of the airport, and the ride down was super smooth. We even got some inside tips on great places to see. Definitely would choose this company again.”
-James Taylor, Reese, Michigan
“Originally, I thought I’d fly to Ambergris and Placencia once I got to Belize, but once I saw the prices, my heart skipped a beat. Luckily, Roam Belize exists, and I called and got a great rate on a rental vehicle. I’m soooo glad I did, as I was able to be flexible and go see a lot of really great things that I probably would’ve missed. Honestly, driving in such a beautiful country was half the pleasure of my vacation. My policy is never go to the same country twice, but thanks to Roam Belize, I think I’ll be returning next year!”
-Vivian Moore, Midlands, Texas
Travelers looking for Belize airport shuttles and private ground transfers should look no further than Roam Belize. A locally owned and operated company, Roam Belize also rents cars and can deliver vehicles to anywhere in the country, including the international airport in Belize City.
For all of your ground transportation needs, you can count on Roam Belize!
Fast and Reliable Belize Transfers and Shuttles
Stann Creek, Belize – Tel. +501-522-2328 or +501-630-7870 | Email: email@example.com